Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wedding Planning

So here's the thing: wedding planning is still going on. Sort of. Currently, we have a "list" of things to get through in January.

So far, here's what we've done this month:
-Made centrepieces (here, here, here and finally here)
-Booked my transportation to the church and our transportation to the reception
-Decided on bridesmaid dresses
-Registered for gifts at 2 of the 3 stores
-Made boutonnieres (upcoming post will be done on this)

Still to do in the next 2-3 weeks (not quite all done in the month of January, but you know ... whatev!):
-Book our rehearsal dinner venue
-Order the tuxedos
-Register at the 3rd store (actually an affiliate of the 2nd store we registered at)
-Decide if we want a videographer or ask a friend to videotape
-Book our honeymoon
-Meet with our tentative day-of-coordinator to find out if she's a match with our personalities (I am already sure she is, but Wade needs to be sure, too)
-Book the florist

So, needless to say, we're busy. Almost every day is wedding planning / doing, in order to get things done. Plus, some other things have come up in our life, that, well, distract us from wedding planning. So, posts have been less interesting: many brief posts. So I apologize, but please keep reading - there's more to (slowly) come.

9 comments:

melissa said...

Booking the honeymoon will be fun. Where are you thinking of going? I bet you are thinking somewhere warm!

Cyd said...

We've been doing honeymoon research, too. It's exciting...and kind of a nice distraction from "real" wedding planning. At any rate, I feel like you're totally kicking my butt so now I need to ramp it up again.

Hope all is well. :-)

Krista said...

Cyd - we're getting married 6 weeks before you, so we should be slightly ahead of you! I would like to be as done the "medium" things by the end of February (invitations, flowers ordered, tuxedos measured, etc).

Melissa - I'll post on your blog.

The Pissed Off Bride said...

Sounds like your making good progress.

I'm glad you mentioned transportation. I have to get on top of that.

Also, I seen on M and M wedding that you are thinking about taking a European cruise? We just booked one for November. I am super excited about it because we get to see a lot for less. The value just from daily meals and activity is great.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Great job! Keep going. i'm impressed!

RelentlessBride

Cate Subrosa said...

Yay, booking honeymoon! Have fun :)

melissa said...

Wow! Your itinerary sounds fun and very romantic- as a honeymoon should be.

Chris said...

I thought your post was very interesting, in fact, it's the Featured Post over at Worth a Thousand Words.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Contest Chris. I liked your last photo, though I didn't comment.