Monday, January 19, 2009

Fit

It seems like everyone else made New Year's resolutions to become healthy or fit or tone up. I didn't. I decided I wanted to do become healthier, improve my cardiovascular health and tone up. But it wasn't a resolution.

I did, however, sign up for a twice a week (Mondays & Wednesdays) aerobics class. The classes started a couple weeks ago and will run until the first week of April. The program is run by the city's recreation department. The program costs $73, which is odd because the city also has a similar aerobics program that is also one hour in length, but only runs once a week, yet it costs $75. I don't get understand. But I digress.

Tonight is class # 5.

And later this week, I'm going to try the 30-day shred that everyone in the bridal blogging community seems to be talking about. Especially Cyd.

Update: I bought the 30-Day Shred tonight on the way back from aerobics. Aerobics was all intervals. Ow. So I doubt I'll do the 30-Day Shred tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think once I do try it.

7 comments:

Cyd said...

You will love it! It's tough, but effective and definitely will help you with your goals of cardio health and toning up. I can't wait for you the join the crew! ;-)

melissa said...

I think I might have to buy 30 Day Shred as well. I was holding out for Jillian's new Wii fitness game but it has gotten horrible reviews. Based on what everyone is saying the video is the way to go.

Bella said...

I got the Power Sculpt with Jilian...have yet to try it... but I don't doubt that it's awesome!!!

Rachel said...

Yikes. I have the 30-day shred but haven't tried it. I am slightly scared.
I'll try it with you!

Before my wedding, I did the hundred push-up challenge. Didn't quite make it to 100, but it was effective too!

Anonymous said...

Hmm ...
Rachel, we'll have to post on it if we like it.
Bella, let me know when you try the power sculpt!

Jess said...

There is something very satisfying about a good work-out. Hope you keep enjoying yourself. (That's a pretty decent price too!)

The Pissed Off Bride said...

Love the shred.

I brought her Wii fit "game". Didn't like it at all. I will be sticking to the shred.