Monday, January 12, 2009

Gift for child attendants?

I started to think of gifts for our child attendants: 2 flower girls and 2 ring bearers (well, I suppose the elder ring bearer is more of a junior usher, and his gift is taken care of).

What do you think of this idea: personalized books?

Flower girl C likes Scooby Doo, so I think she'd like the Scooby Doo themed book available on the website.
Flower girl L likes dancing, figure skating, and generally being artistically expressive through movement. I think she would enjoy this book.
Ring bearer K plays soccer in the summer, so I think he'd like this book.

I like the idea of giving books. I like to encourage the academic development of children. I also like the idea of personalization. I had personalized pencils and pens. However, "Krista" isn't a common name on personalized items, and when I was a kid it was even less common. My aunt actually had my full name engraved on pencils - that's really neat, especially when you're 9! My brothers both received personal books from that same aunt (I didn't because I was already too old for the books that were available at that time). I suspect my aunt actually ordered from the very same company that I've discovered on the internet - the titles of a couple books are very familiar.

Anyway, what do you think of this idea?

8 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I think books are a great idea.. even interactive games could help develop them mentally while having fun too :)
RelentlessBride

Bridechka said...

This is a great idea! You will make the kids happy since they are personalized (they will get a kick out of it) and the parents will be thrilled since their kids might actually read something.

Ellen Mint said...

Books are a great idea. It's amazing sometimes just how much kids love books and it could make a really cute picture too of them all reading and flipping through the books.

Mrs. B said...

What a wonderful idea! I was just thinking that whatever I get them-it might end up lost before they are older-and want to cherish it. A book is perfect! I might steal your idea :)

Krista said...

Jenny, go for it :)

Bella said...

I actually got each of the kiddies books!!! Our ring bearer is only just under 2 and would get nothing out of anything else. My niece is our flower girl and she is 6. I just thought I'd make it easy and get each of them a book.

We got each one a book about being a flower girl/ring bearer and wrote a sweet little note in each one so they could 'hopefully' keep it and look back on it. I thought it was more heartfelt.

Krista said...

That's so sweet, Bella!

Anonymous said...

I like the book idea