Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quick update

I'm away for the next couple days for work. Tonight, a large group of coworkers went out for dinner at the Keg. I started this job just last Monday, December 1st, but somehow it was mentioned that it was my birthday (did I let it slip? Oops). At the end of dinner, a delicious "Billie Miner" ice cream cake with candles arrived for me and all sang Happy Birthday.

Mmm ... more ice cream cake.

By the way, I thought birthday calories didn't count. But when I stepped on the scale on Sunday (for my weightwatchers online weekly weigh-in) I had gained a couple pounds. Hmm ... I need to further investigate this possibility that birthday calories count.

And thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!

5 comments:

EliandMe said...

Birthday calories certainly do not count - it must have been something you ate earlier in the week ;)

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Water weight... bloating. it's not REAL weight. Don't worry :)

Jess said...

Agreed about the birthday calories. You may have to consider buying a new scale, it sounds as if your's might be broken.
Always love the Keg, even though they alway give you way too much food!!

The Less Than Domestic Goddess said...

Birthday fun, yay! Congrats on the new job! And ice cream cake doesn't have a caloric value - at least that's my take on it :)

Krista said...

Haha - sounds good to me! I mean, 4 ladies all in consensus about this ice cream cake birthday cake calories debate. :)