Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you (done)
2. Post the rules on your blog (done)
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself (below)
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. (below)
So here are 6 random facts about me:
1. I used to figure skate, and though I wasn't very good, I loved it. I started when I was in grade 2 (1988) and kept skating until the last year of university (2004). But I rarely watch it on t.v. because it makes me miss it (even though I couldn't do what they do on t.v.!)
2. On some types of pizza (not all), I like ketchup (that's catsup for American readers). My dad always did that, so it was only as a teenager that I discovered this was an odd habit.
3. When I was almost 3, I wanted a cat. My mom kept saying no. Finally, I just asked my dad, who said yes (apparently, he couldn't say no to me). My mom was not impressed. When I was around 7 or 8, I developed an allergy to cats. Pepper, who was a very good cat, lived to 23. Yep, 23. I am only minorly allergic to short haired cats (like Pepper), whereas I am very allergic other breeds (long-haired cats and siamese cats seem to be worst). Neither of my parents like cats very much, though Pepper was such a nice cat that I think they liked her.
4. I met my best-friend, and maid-of-honour, in grade 9 gym class (1995).
5. I stopped eating meat this summer (though I still eat fish) after what Wade & I call "the incident". Basically, I got grossed out by the way something was prepared (even though I'd seen it prepared before). I felt so nauseous whenever I ate meat that I decided to stop eating it. And I miss steak and ham the most, but it's worth it to avoid the nausea after eating.
6. My first trip on an airplane was in January 2005 to England. I was 23. While in England, I took a half-dozen flights around Europe (in addition to trains & bus trips). Then the next summer, I had a job that allowed me to travel some of the country, requiring a bunch of flights. I've now flown more times than I can count. The longest flight I was on was the trans-Pacific crossing from LA (of which I've only seen the airport) to New Zealand with Wade in December 2006 / January 2007.
Oops, I tried to be random, but I realize two facts were about food. I guess you can tell where my mind is!
I choose to pass these off to (in alphabetical order):
And she's rambling again
Bridechka and The Wedding
Mother and Bride
Update: Cyd The Sweetest Occassion tagged me just before Rachel at Girl Learning Along The Way, but I somehow didn't see the tag. Sorry Cyd - I usually read your blog everyday! So I have removed Cyd from my tag, and have added Cyd to one of the two people who tagged me!