I have been tagged by Bridechka (of the blog Bridechka and the Wedding) and Carly (from the Westside Bride aka Miss Glitter at the WeddingBee) because they think my blog is faaabulous!
Here are the rules: List 5 obsessions/addictions that you have, and tag back to the person who gave you the award. Post the rules. Tag 5 more people!
In trying to think of five obsessions, I asked Wade what I'm obsessed with. He didn't hesitate to say "me" (being him, not me). I will refrain from putting that tidbit of information into my top five, as with blogging: it ought to be evident from the number of posts and the theme of this blog that I am "obsessed" with both.
My five obsessions/addictions:
1. Travelling. I haven't done a lot, but I love to do it. I've visited Europe (the majority of my time was in England, though I had opportunities to visit France, Wales, Ireland, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Austria and the Czech Republic) and New Zealand, as well as several provinces in Canada. So far, Nova Scotia's my favourite province.
2. Interneting in general. I said I wouldn't include blogging in my "obsessions", but I email, facebook and check out websites such as CBC Newsworld quite frequently.
3. Occupational Health. This is my career and it is a passion. I truly believe that no one should come home any differently than when he/she went to work. In this day and age, we can prevent every occupational illness, including cancers (e.g. lung cancer in asbestos workers), musculoskeletal disoders (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome in office workers), and psychological/psychosocial illness (e.g. mental trauma for a retail worker who is robbed at gun point). Want more information on how to prevent these illnesses? Visit here, here, here or here.
4. Canadian comedies. The cheesier the better. My favourites are Corner Gas (this is another good clip) and The Mercer Report (a couple other clips here and here).
5. The Olympics. You need proof? Click here. Although it is starting to loose its lustre - holy doping scandals Batman! How is it possible that one woman gets bronze, silver and gold in the same event? Um, because the two people who placed above here were disqualified for doping infractions. Way to go, Beckie Scott, for refusing to cheat! Beckie placed third, and was upgraded to silver when the gold medalist tested positive. Then the new gold medalist tested positive, so Beckie was again upgraded to gold.
My five nominees:
1. Mother and Bride
2. The Sweetest Occassion
3. M and M Wedding
4. Broke-Ass Bride
5. London Bride
P.S. Go visit Bridechka and the Wedding and Westside Bride - they're fabulous blogs, too!
7 hours ago