Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wednesday on the week of etsy goodness

etsy is home to many artisans who make homemade crafts ... And what is more artistic (and fun) than jewellery? (Editorial note: I'm a little biased. I love jewellery. No offense intended to those who prefer knitting, painting or other arts. I like those two. But I love jewellery. And photography. And satin. And ... Well, I love a lot of things, but jewellery is waaaaay up on the list.)

Let's start with seller JulieJongleuse, a Montreal-based artisan. These necklaces are very different (in a good way), and affordable, costing in the $20-range.




















These gorgeous pieces of jewellery, created by kaskaad, are also very economical (i.e. cheap). The ring on the top is $12, and the earrings on the bottom are $25.

















Actually, come to think of it, most of my favourite sellers on etsy are reasonably priced.

La Belle Dame creates out of Prince Edward Island. All of her pieces are customizable, and in fact many require customization! Aren't these pieces of jewellery so fun, unique and personal?!












From FireLilyDesigns are some very creative and modern pieces of jewellery artwork. These three pieces are $32, $28 and $44 respectively (left to right):















Seller Bluebird Designs has this gorgeous necklace for $39. Isn't that stone stunning?



I talked a bit yesterday about customization, but yet my hint of the day was relating to ordering. That doesn't make sense ... until you realize that today's post is also all about customization! So ...

Wednesday's hint: don't be afraid to ask etsy sellers if they're willing to customize work (and if so, if there are any additional costs, such as design fees). Many of these fine artisans are willing, able and love to do custom work!

5 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

It's amazing the things you can find on etsy for jewelry. Of course you have to be prepared to spend a good 5 hours just looking through it all.

Anonymous said...

Isn't amazing, both what you can find and the time you can spend looking?

I noticed the typo - two should be too, but I'm not in a position to correct it. I'm on the internet on my blackberry, so abilities here are limited.

Cyd said...

I love that first red beaded necklace!

Cyd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow I am in love with the Bluebird Designs necklace, it looks like a crystal ball!

I would get that necklace so it can match my gorgeous diamond earrings my fiance bought me from www.idonowidont.com to wear to an upcoming Christmas party.

That kaskaad ring is also adorable, thanks for the tips!