Friday, November 14, 2008

I got the blues ....

Yes, I am going with a gold and ivory palette, with hints of red. But I am still drawn to blue elements. I've shown you some of the reasons I like blue & red, but I even like blue on its own!

Source: Snippet & Ink's Blues Clues
Source: Snippet & Ink's It's All Greek To Me

So as Carly at Westside Bride says, what is a girl to do!

I have made my decision. As much as I love rich royal blues on their own, bright blue with orange, "tiffany" blue, blue with red, and many other combinations of blue, I have decided this will not be a dominant colour at the wedding.

It doesn't mean I can't enjoy blue, though!

And I must give a huge thank you to Kathryn at Snippet & Ink for creating such lovely and inspirational boards! Your inspiration boards are fantastic.

P.S. That doesn't mean there may not be a hint of blue somewhere in the wedding - the reception venue is at the mouth of Lake Ontario on the St. Lawrence River, so it'll at least be outside! It just means that I don't plan for blue to be a dominate colour. But if I feel so inclined, who knows - maybe I'll find a way to have a surprise pop of blue or aqua somewhere!

2 comments:

The Less Than Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks for the shout out! :) I love the different shades of blue-so romantic and fresh.

I can't wait to see how you incorporate all of these different color influences.

Krista said...

Haha ... I can't wait to figure out how I'm going to do it! :)