Wednesday, November 12, 2008

All that glitters is not gold ...

Although I love the gold and cream inspiration, I think a hint of red will really give a punch of colour. These red inspiration boards, all taken from Snippet & Ink, show the brilliance that red can add. (Click on the link to view the source. Click on the picture to view a larger picture.)

Love Triumphant (very much a Valentine's Day inspired fête):
Red Velvet (rich reds, ivory, and a hint of gold):
Carnival Ride (red with white, golden yellow and just a touch of blue):


Doesn't the red just add a little punch of fun?

6 comments:

The Pissed Off Bride said...

Love them all! I think red and gold are nice comliments.

Krista said...

And, from the last board, I now have a craving for a candy apple!

Amy@Fiancé Meeting You Here said...

really pretty! I love the photo of the champagne with raspberry in the 2nd board. A nice berry red would be stunning!

Amy@Fiancé Meeting You Here said...

heehee, I just enlarged the photo and see that they are actually floating flowers. Ooops! Still, so pretty!

Krista said...

I thought they were berries, too!

Cyd said...

I actually love the idea of red in general and all of these boards, but the last one is my favorite. I love how the blend of colors, shades and hues comes together to be really vibrant without being POW color in your face. Although POW color in your face is certainly not a bad thing.