Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thursday's etsy find

I used etsy to create a fun return address stamp for myself, and a return address for my friend (and maid-of-honour) Jocelyn as part of a housewarming gift when she and her guy bought their house!

I came across a neat idea from Martha Stewart to turn calligraphy of your bridesmaids' names into a stamp. I modified this idea into address stamps.

I found at least a dozen sellers whose work I loved. So I narrowed it down by location (why ship something from Singapore when it's available on this continent?) I found two sellers whose work I loved and were located a tad bit closer than Singapore.

This seller, Baby Jewels, creates lovely stamps of any design. How cute are these two examples? The save-the-date stamp costs $22. The return address stamp is $18. Back to the save-the-date stamp ... isn't that such a whimsical and fun stamp?!


I also found these fun stamps at terbearco's stamp. Why not get a stamp for every holiday (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, ... ). These stamps are $12.99 + shipping.













If you copy my idea, you must promise to cite your source (me, unless you got the idea from Martha, too). Or at least send me a little blog love. Your choice!

Thursday's hint of the day: if you know the name of the seller you want, you don't need to go to the etsy website to try to find them. Just type their shop name, followed by '.etsy.com' and you'll go straight to their webpage! So, for Baby Jewels, type in babyjewels.etsy.com. For TerBearCo, just type in terbearco.etsy.com. Easy breezy! (You do have to know the name of the seller first, obviously)

4 comments:

The Less Than Domestic Goddess said...

I've always loved stamps, even when I was a little kid. I think your bridesmaid is going to love her thoughtful, personalized gift! I like the holiday stamps a lot, too!

jessica lynn said...

these stamps are so fun! and a great gift idea! thanks for sharing!

babyjewels said...

Thank you for featuring me! What a nice surprise! xo

Krista said...

My pleasure. I think your stamps are really neat & whimsical!