Friday, October 17, 2008

Bridesmaid Dresses

I have posted on this topic all-ready. I thought I had a bridesmaid style picked out. I was thinking a-line, with ruching. Something like this:
Source: Alfred Angelo (available here in Kingston)

I was looking a styles that fit that style. I dragged two bridesmaid across Toronto to look at 3 stores that carried the entire Watters line. We got there, and even though all 3 stores indicated on-line that they carry the full line, none actually carried the full line. I looked at some Watters dresses, some Alfred Angelo dresses, and some Mori Lee dresses.

Then I started looking on-line again. And I discovered the many virtues of non-bridesmaid dresses.

Source: Alfred Angelo (okay, this is a bridesmaid dress, but it does not have a traditional look).

Source: J. Crew (an American chain, but easy enough to drive to from here!)

Source: BCBG Max Azria (although hard to tell, this dress is actually silver, not white)

Ack! Why am I struggling more with the bridesmaid dresses than with my bridal gown!
(The bridesmaid dress will be a gold or red dress, not necessary the colours above)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the non-traditional dresses. Very cute.

Krista said...

I think so, too!

The Less Than Domestic Goddess said...

The non-traditional dresses are HOT! Are your bridesmaids comfortable with showing some leg? (The J. Crew one is so pretty, but looks a bit short) Let us know which one you choose!

Cyd said...

Girl, I hear you! The bridesmaid dresses have had me baffled and wandering around looking dazed and confused for months. I personally am loving that lacey Alfred Angelo!