Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Wedding Day, Shonagh and Jenny!

I should just clarify - I don't know either of these women. And they don't know each other. Because they don't know each other, it's probably obviously they're not marrying each other.

But they're both getting married today!

Shonagh (aka "Eliandme" from Mother and Bride) is a witty bride who is marrying her beau surrounded by fairy lights with a look reminiscent of sex in a cornfield in the 1950s or 1960s. (How she came up with that description as her inspiration, I'll never know.)

Jenny (aka "Yenny" from And she's rambling again) is a sweetheart who is marrying her beau in a ceremony filled with tradition and surrounded by family. In fact, her uncle is the priest who will be marrying them! Jenny introduced me to the concept of the sweetheart dance.

Have a great day ladies! I'm off to my first shower, hosted by my grandma for family. In the evening, Wade's best man is hosting a jack and jill for us, which is essentially a get together.

Well, right now I'm off to bed. But later today (because it is technically May 2nd right now) when I wake up, that's what I'm off to do!

3 comments:

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Wow, busy day! Can't wait to hear the full report. Have fun!

Nicole said...

It sounds like you have a fun day/night ahead of you.

Congrats to Shonagh, Jenny, and their respective husbands-to-be, too.

Jess said...

Have fun at your first official shower!! That's awesome!!

I'm so excited for Shonagh; can't wait to see the pics of that one!