Friday, June 12, 2009

Stamping the invitations

Still on our honeymoon, so here are some pictures of us assembling the invitation envelopes!

You saw Wade putting the stamps on the envelopes on April 6th.

Here's the pic again:



And here is what the envelope looked like when it went in the mail:



We chose these astronomical stamps:


(Source)



Canada Post seems to publish floral stamps in March of every year, which is appropriate for spring as well as for wedding invitations!

(Source)


These rhododendron stamps would have worked nicely for wedding invitations. However, just days before stamping the invitations, the astronomical stamps came out. Literally, 3 days (1 business day) before we sent out the invitations.

But we didn't chose the astronomicaly stamps because they were brand new. We chose them because we liked them. First, I love astronomy. When I was little, I wanted to be an astronaut. I love to look at the stars and learn about the universe. I thought they were perfect reminders of my childhood, hours spent staring at the stars and learning about the constellations and planets. Second, Wade thought these stamps looked neat. Good enough for me!

Plus, most invitations going out this spring will probably have the rhododendrons in them. Our wedding invitations will be different for many reasons, including our design, but also because of these astronomical stamps!

3 comments:

Marie-Ève said...

So great, I used these very flower stamps for my invitations! They even came with little "seal" stickers for the back of the envelope. When I saw them at the post office I was exactly thinking that someone had designed them with spring weddings in mind!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

I think you can't go wrong with stamps that show a little of your personality! Who didn't want to be an astronaut?

And who isn't going to LOVE these more than some silly flowers (that I personally think are annoying... we had a rhodedendron bush in front of my house growing up and I think I am finally sick of them!!!)

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Great stamps!! Very different.