Monday, September 29, 2008

Gender Roles?


A Practical Wedding: Mmmm.... gender stereotypes

I re-read this post from one of my favourite blogs, A Practical Wedding. I have to say, I agree wholeheartedly with Meg. Gender roles, and all the associated stereotypes, proliferate in the wedding industry. I don't think it's fair to make assumptions based on one's gender.

So why am I calling this blog "Canadian Bride"? I have tried to convince Wade to post, but he's not interested*. This blog is entirely from my perspective. However, the day that I convince him to guest-post (if that happens - I'm trying!), the blog name may change to "Canadian Bride & Groom". :) In the meantime, it stands as my opinion only.

Anyone who's been reading this for a while knows that I initially called this blog "Journey To The Big Day", as I mean for this blog to document our process from engaged to married. But that seemed like a clichéd idea. So Canadian Bride it became ... And remains, unless & until Wade participates.




*Although not interested in blogging, Wade is very involved in the planning. He is no ken-doll bride who is just showing up the day of our wedding! So far, the only thing he has no interest in is the flowers. He said that flowers just don't interest him. Otherwise, he's been as involved as I have been, in every aspect.

No comments: