Sunday, May 25, 2008

First Song?

This is such a HUGE decision if you don't already have a "song". Well, we don't have a "song". So now what? Wade's thrown out a slew of ideas, but none of them were quite right. They're mostly not first-song worthy - think of his love of '80s hair-metal for an idea why (Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, etc).

So, now what?

Well, I was listening to various songs on various CDs: Diana Krall, Josh Groban, mixed jazz CDs, etc., for words and tunes that would be first-song worthy. I came a cross a couple that would work.

But then I was listening to one of my favourite CDs (for fun, not for research) and it struck me.

The singer isn't a super big star in North America, but I'm sure you've heard the name. When Wade & I were in New Zealand, we heard this singer played everywhere! So certainly, there is sentimental value to the song and our great trip, as well as fantastic lyrics.

Did you notice I didn't say the name of the song or the singer? It's because I want the song to be a surprise!

No comments: